Please note that these links lead to pages away from the Family Vision Care
- TLC Laser Centers
- Paragon CRT – for overnight orthokeratology lenses
- What is a Complete Eye Exam?
It is not enough to test the clarity of eyesight at a distance of 20 feet (known as 20/20). A complete visual evaluation tests many aspects of vision.
- What is Vision Therapy?
Various definitions of Vision Therapy by American Optometric Association, eye doctors, and patient advocates.
- National Directory of Eye Doctors
Find an eye doctor in another state. This directory provides free referrals to eye doctors who offer specialized services, such as vision therapy, neuro-optometric rehabilitation, therapeutic lenses, preventive care, etc.
- Vision Therapy FAQs
An eye doctor answers questions about Vision Therapy in an interview.
- Vision Therapy Research and Medical Literature
- Success Stories
A general catalog of vision therapy success stories.
- Optometrists and Ophthalmologists
What are the differences in practice focus between a pediatric optometrist and a pediatric ophthalmologist?
- Choosing an Eye Doctor
Comments by educators on choosing pediatric vision care for a child.
- Vision Glossary
Build your visual health vocabulary!
- PAVE — Parents Active for Vision Education^top of page^
- AOA – The American Optometric Association
Organization of 32,000 optometrists.
- AOA: Vision Conditions & Concerns – The American Optometric Association provides Education Resources for Patients and Professionals
- AOA: Eye Diseases – The American Optometric Association provides Education Resources for Patients and ProfessionalsAOA: Caring for Your Vision – The American Optometric Association provides Education Resources for Patients and Professionals
- COVD – The College of Optometrists in Vision Development
An international professional organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists.
- Infantsee™ Program – a public health program for infants to establish a lifetime of healthy vision.
- NORA – Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc.
An organization which provides direction for the visual rehabilitation of persons who have physical disabilities and/or traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- OEP – Optometric Extension Program Foundation
Patients & Parents Quick Reference Section
- Optometrists Network
A national network of optometrists.^top of page^
Vision and Learning
- All About Vision and Learning
Browse through this large collection of articles by the PTA, School Nurse News, Web MD, professors, eye doctors, and more…
- Success in School with Vision Therapy
Read stories written by students, parents and teachers about improved grades, reading, spelling, math, handwriting, and more.
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Vision
Is it really ADD/ADHD? Or is it an undetected vision problem?
- Convergence Insufficiency and Reading Problems
This article by an eye doctor explains how and why convergence insufficiency causes problems with reading and learning. See the illustrations!
- Dyslexia and Vision
The American Academy of Optometrists and the American Optometric Organization discuss vision, learning-related vision problems, and dyslexia.
- Tracking Problems and Reading Difficulties
Article by an eye doctor explains how and why tracking problems interfere with reading skills. See the illustrations!
- Vision Therapy and LDs
As part of an interview, an eye doctor discusses whether Vision Therapy helps learning disabilities or learning-related vision problems.^top of page^
Binocular Vision Impairments
- Lazy Eye, Crossed-Eyes, Double Vision, Strabismus, etc.
An expert on strabismus covers the most frequently asked questions about eye turns and so much more! This is probably the most comprehensive web site on the subject on the entire internet.
- What is Lazy Eye?
Lazy eye is not the same as strabismus (a crossed eye or an eye turn). Read this very easy-to-understand explanation.
- Children’s Vision
A large web site with many pages of easy-to-understand information on lazy eye, crossed-eyes, strabismus, developmental delays, eye muscle surgery, dyslexia, binocular vision impairments, and much more.
- Eye Muscle Surgery
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding eye muscle surgery as a treatment for lazy eye, crossed eyes, etc. This type of surgery is frequently done, but often yields unsatisfactory results.^top of page^
3D Stereo Vision
- 3D Vision (Binocular Vision)
How does it work? Why do we need it?
- Eye Doctors and 3D Vision
Eye doctors use stereoscopic 3D images to develop and reinforce 3D vision.
- The Stereo Vision Project
What is stereo vision? What is a binocular (two-eyed) vision impairment?
Learn to see in 3D! Visit the 3D Art Gallery and view Magic Eye stereograms, stereo photographs, optical illusions, and much more.